Saturday, July 25, 2009

Highlights...hair....?

I've always gotten my highlights done at the salon. But I know that there are so many highlighting kits that I can just buy at a store. In your opinion, which brand is better (for highlighting my hair): Loreal, Revlon, Garnier, or Clairol?



Highlights...hair....?

loreal and revlon have been the best for me, and i have put highlights in my hair many many times. they give you an after color conditioner to keep your hair from drying out, and there are many shampoo companys ( like dove) who make shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. mine is and has been for years and these products work great. my hair was never this soft when it was my own!



Highlights...hair....?

Please don't do that, they can ruin your hair!



Highlights...hair....?

revlon



Highlights...hair....?

just leave it natural. high lights are well.... fake. you don't need them. they will dry out your hair too. :)



Highlights...hair....?

Here's my pro opinion:



1 Don't get a Brush In Kit. All though it looks like a snap, there's a reason why stylists don't do that at the salon. It'll cost you BIG BUCKS to fix this one.



2 Cap hilight kits are what I would suggest. Pick the one that is for your hair color(it'll say for naturally lt brown to drk blonde or drk blonde to lt blonde) Pulling your own hair thru the holes is tricky and I suggest you get someone you trust to do it. Pull a LITTLE hair thru each hole. The tricky part here is hair gets tangled and you pull a big knot thru. Correct this by taking needle thru a different hole and pull knot back under cap and try again.



Folow the directions to mix and process. Only one problem here...you already have hi-lights on your ends...If you pull the bleach thru the already bleached hair it WILL break off if you don't be careful. Apply to the hair close to the cap that is darker and try not to get it on blonde. Process it (usually takes 30-60mins I think) This is were being a pro is good because we can tell by looking at it when it is done. I don't reccommend you pulling the bleach thru your ends. In the salon I would, but this is too risky to try at home.



It's better to have a pro do it, because we do it everyday and we know all the ins and outs, but this is the safest way to do it yourself. If you have and questions or need help don't be afraid to call the hotline number on the box. Pros call hotlines too. That is what they have them for.

No comments:

Post a Comment