Monday, July 27, 2009

Blonde hair, blonde roots to dark hair, blonde highlights?

I have blonde hair (professionally done) and I want to have dark hair with blonde highlights rather than having it all blonde with blonde roots. I realize this means dying it all a dark brown and then putting blonde highlights back in it. I wonder if my hair will survive this darkening, then re-bleaching (on some strands).



I just don't see any other non-complicated way to get my hair back to a dark root base without shocking the heck out of myself and everyone who doesn't even know me as a real brunette. Lowlights are out of the question, by the way, b/c my roots will end up growing out, etc. I had it done this way once before and really liked it.



Any other ideas are welcome also. I have long hair (a bit past my shoulders), btw.



Blonde hair, blonde roots to dark hair, blonde highlights?

I would do what you call a paint-between. Your stylist would first put in foils of blonde (to re-do your roots). Then the rest of the hair that wasn't in a foil, you would put the dark color on. It's a one-step process. This way your "base" color would be dark and then you still have some highlights left. Your hair will not be damaged this way since the dark would be deposit only and will not have to highlight over the dark since you already did in the foils.



Ask your stylist about this process, it's a fast, one-step process to good looking hair!!



Blonde hair, blonde roots to dark hair, blonde highlights?

just die it



u cant live w/o beautiful hair



Blonde hair, blonde roots to dark hair, blonde highlights?

Your best bet is talking to your hair stylist. Without doing the lowlights, the best way I would imagine is dying your hair to the brown you want, then most likely the hair sylist will advise you to wait a certain amount of time before highlighting your hair with blonde streaks. Good Luck!



Blonde hair, blonde roots to dark hair, blonde highlights?

There is a hair dye by Loreal, I forget the specific name but the name of the dye was chocolate or something and the box had pink and cream colors on it. I wanna say Loreal professional. Anyways, it came with a protectant to put on your hair before hand so that your hair doesn't become damaged. It was a beautiful color. Very pretty, exactly what I wanted but it was too much and I wanted blonde highlights again so about a week later I went to the salon and got highlights. It turned out awesome looking.



Just make sure that you wait at least a week in between coloring and rehighlighting or you will damage your hair beyond belief. You're going to have to deal with being a brunette for a week if you care anything about your hairs health.

No comments:

Post a Comment