Saturday, July 25, 2009

Question about what kind of red highlights to get for my darkbrown-black natural hair color?

I need to get my hair highlighted tomorrow and I prefer a dark red shade on my natural head of darkbrown-black tint. I want it to look like a mahogany/auburn in the sunlight when I am out so it's shiny and dark red. Not sure if you have seen but Indian girls do get this shade of red done on their hair, it looks like henna but the highlights are a dark red. What shade of highlights is that exactly?



Question about what kind of red highlights to get for my darkbrown-black natural hair color?

You can get those shades of highlight that you are looking for, by just using natural body art quality henna powder from a good source. It must be pure and you can do this all yourself. Check out longhaircareforum.com, as its a great ressource for information.



Doing henna on your hair will be the best !! Hope this helps



Khadija



Question about what kind of red highlights to get for my darkbrown-black natural hair color?

I know the look you are talking about and in my opion its quite beautiful.



The exact colour that you end up with depends largely on the exact colour of your hair, and if you have dyed your hair already or not.



I would recommend having it done at a salon. They will show you samples of different colours (on hair strands) so you can pick which shades you like the best, and then they will custom mix it depending on your existing colour etc to get the desired effect.



But if you wanted a cheaper way, you could talk to the cosmatician at the local pharmacy and get her opinion. It might not turn out quite as you imagined, but it would be a cheaper alternative.



Be careful with reds though, I would recommend using the special shampoos and conditioners designed for red hair. Red fades the quickest of all dyed colours, and could turn orangish or pinkish in no time if not taken care of properly.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment